For the Media
For more information about Wallace State Community College or to submit a media interview request, please contact:
Director, Communications and Marketing
Burrow Center, First Floor
POLICY ON VISITORS TO CAMPUS (from College Catalog)
[Also applies to members of the media. Media should contact Kristen Holmes, above, immediately upon entry and, if possible, prior to visiting campus.]
1. Campus visitors should check in with Lion Central to receive a Visitor’s Pass.
2. All police or other law enforcement visitors to see individual students must be joined by either WSCC Police Officer, Executive Vice President, Night Coordinator or other designee while meeting with students on campus.
3. If someone shows up unescorted at a classroom door seeking a student, the instructor should direct him/her to Lion Central or the appropriate party.
4. Visitors for the purpose of serving papers on a student will be verified as legitimate and papers as authentic before meeting with students.
5. Students will be contacted at location specified by law enforcement visitor and asked to speak with visitor in the Campus Police Department, Executive Vice-President’s Office, or Auxiliary Director’s office.
6. WSCC staff will not give out any information on a student aside from Directory Information (name, address, phone number, date of birth, level of education, and major). Officer/visitor must already know location of student.
7. Guests, such as children, personal friends, or family members of faculty/staff members or students, should have a specific purpose for prolonged visitation on campus and be limited in time and location to not interfere with college/departmental operations. Guests are not permitted in classrooms during class time unless approved in advance.
MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND REGULATIONS (from College Catalog)
Wallace State Community College requires all students who drive on the WSCC campus, to register their motor vehicles. Vehicles must be registered through Lion Central, located in the Bailey Center and possess a current campus identification hang tag. They will receive vehicle identification which must be displayed while on campus. Visitors must obtain vehicle passes for campus use.
Get Started Today
Take the first step towards a better future.