One Door. Any Destiny.
No need to knock. The door to opportunity is wide open at Wallace State. Since 1966, Wallace State Community College has been connecting community members to big-time opportunities, innovating higher education in Alabama and winning awards along the way.
Two Campuses. One Door.
The Wallace State Difference
Recipient of Numerous Accolades
Repeatedly earned the distinction as a Military Friendly College
League for Innovation in the Community College's 2020 winner of the Innovation of the Year Award
Ranked among the Top Community Colleges in the U.S. by the Aspen Institute three times in five years
Named the safest college campus in Alabama in 2019 by Your Local Security
One of only two community colleges in the nation to be designated an All-Steinway School
Ranked the Best Online Community College in Alabama by Guide to Online Schools in 2020
Why Wallace State?
- Part of a System that serves 300,000 students annually and delivers $3 billion+ in economic impact.
- Aspen Prize finalist, ranking as one of the top community colleges in the United States.
- League for Innovation “Innovation of the Year” winner.
- Student success and CAAP testing rates consistently stronger than average.
- Ranked Best Online Community College in Alabama by Guide to Online Schools.
- Explore 100+ in-demand degree, certificate and transfer options.
- Join us as early as high school through dual enrollment, FastTrack Academy, Tech-Prep, and more.
- Transfer your credits with confidence. The STARS articulation system ensures your path to any Alabama public college or university.
- Learn on the latest hybrid tech, like interactive SmartBoards, Tegrity, teleconferencing, podcasting, and more.
- Join a connected community of support, and access award-winning support resources, from enrollment to graduation.
Nothing but open doors.
With opportunity knocking, in the workforce and in the world, there has never been a better time to join the Pride. Discover Wallace State.
More About Wallace State
Wallace State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Wallace State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Wallace State Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).