For general program information or to schedule an appointment, please contact...
- Erika Lee, Health Division Secretary, at 256.352.8307.
Office located in the Tom Bevill Health Building - Room 104.
We welcome your comments - see below for more information.
Alina C. Adams, PT
B.S. in Physical Therapy, University of South Alabama
M.S. in Education, Capella University
Tom Bevill Health Building - 7th Floor - Office 711
Laura Smallwood, PTA
Program Advisor, Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education
A.A.S. – Physical Therapist Assistant, University of Alabama at Birmingham
B.S. in Health Science, Athens State University
Tom Bevill Health Building - Office 707
PTA Program Public Comment Policy
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Wallace State Community College engages
in continuous and systematic evaluation and improvement. We welcome your comments,
suggestions, ideas, and constructive criticism as part of that process. The Grievance
/ Due Process policies (WSCC Catalog and Handbooks) provide a voice for current and
prospective students, employees, and other affiliated persons. However, individuals
in the community who do not have a formal affiliation with this institution or program
are also welcome to provide comments according to the following policy.
1. This process is only for comments or concerns that cannot be addressed by existing grievance/due process procedures described in the WSCC catalog, Personnel Handbook or the PTA Program Handbook.
2. Constructive criticism and comments of a negative nature are welcomed and may be submitted without fear of retaliation. This program cannot grow and improve without an honest, open and sensitive willingness to acknowledge faults, mistakes or areas of needed improvement.
3. Comments must be provided in writing and signed by the author. Anonymous submissions will not be acknowledged, nor will written comments provided on behalf of an anonymous source.
4. Comments must be submitted to the following:
PTA Program Director
Wallace State Community College
P.O. Box 2000
Hanceville, AL 35077-2000
5. The PTA Program Director shall respond to all comments within seven (7) days to further discuss and resolve the issue. If satisfactory resolution is not or can not be reached, appeal may be made to the Dean of Health Science within seven (7) days. Again, if satisfactory resolution is not or can not be reached, appeal may be made to the Office of the President within seven (7) days. The decision of the President will be final and not subject to further appeal. Neither the Dean nor the President will become involved until all attempts to resolve the issue with the Program Director have been exhausted, unless the comment is directly related to the performance of the Program Director.
6. Records of all correspondence will be confidentially maintained by the Program Director for five (5) years. These records are not open to the public.