Federal Student Loan Debt Relief
Wallace State Community College is committed to keeping you updated with changes to the student loan program.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Eligibility is determined based on borrower income, loan type and loan disbursement dates. Our partner, Student Connections, provides simple steps to determine if you are eligible.
- Some borrowers will automatically receive debt relief, but most will have to apply.
- The deadline to apply is Dec. 31, 2023. If you think you are eligible and plan to apply, don’t wait.
- The online application is quick and easy to use. You don’t need to log in or provide any documents.
- Watch out for increased scam attempts to take advantage of borrowers. Remember that you never have to pay to apply for or receive relief efforts from Federal Student Aid (FSA).
You can find additional details and FAQs from FSA at StudentAid.gov/loancancellation.
Additional Help with Student Loan Repayment
With 42 million borrowers potentially qualifying, it may be difficult to reach someone to get answers. That’s where Student Connections can help!
Wallace State Community College has partnered with Student Connections to make sure every borrower who is eligible for loan forgiveness receives it, and help any borrower with a remaining balance to navigate and prepare for payments to resume January 2023. This service is completely free to you.
Student Connections Borrower Advocates can help answer any questions you have and determine what steps you need to take.
While you are in student loan repayment, Student Connections may contact you through emails, text messages and phone calls to:
- Help you understand your loan obligations and responsibilities.
- Discuss available options for an affordable repayment plan.
- Ensure you are aware of repayment options during financial hardships.
- Promote your long-term repayment success.
These advocates are available to answer questions about your outstanding loans and,
when appropriate, work with you and your loan servicer. Visit www.repaymyloans.org or talk to a borrower advocate for free at (866) 311-9450.
Who is Student Connections?
Student Connections is passionate about helping students. They partner with schools to provide support for borrowers throughout the student loan repayment process. With more than 60 years of experience in counseling student loan borrowers, their primary goal is to help establish the best repayment plan for you.
Below are the latest posts and updates:
9 Things to Know About Student Loan Forgiveness Blog: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6991377057628790784
Things to Know if You Made Payments after March 2020 Blog: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6990651365689618433
How to Avoid Scams Blog: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6988825298490310656
Has Loan Forgiveness Been Blocked? https://twitter.com/StuConnections/status/1585734351337263108?s=20&t=sThFf-mDPBwN78m9Z3eUnQ
PSLF Limited Waiver Deadline Oct. 31 https://twitter.com/StuConnections/status/1585335107631869952?s=20&t=sThFf-mDPBwN78m9Z3eUnQ
PSLF Limited Waiver Details Blog https://twitter.com/StuConnections/status/1583156691884863488?s=20&t=sThFf-mDPBwN78m9Z3eUnQ
Has Loan Forgiveness Been Blocked? https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=547276847404807&set=a.501415875324238
PSLF Limited Waiver Deadline Oct. 31 https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=546262877506204&set=a.501415875324238
PSLF Limited Waiver Details Blog https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=540646314734527&set=a.501415875324238
Has Loan Forgiveness Been Blocked? https://www.instagram.com/p/CkOjC_6uaxz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
PSLF Limited Waiver Deadline Oct. 31 https://www.instagram.com/p/CkL8IpDOOmp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
PSLF Limited Waiver Details Blog https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj8bNsQu6Bv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link