- About WSCC
- Financial Aid
- Quick Facts
- Net Price Calculator
- About Federal Financial Aid
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Pell Grant
- Loan Consolidation
- Work Study Information
- WSCC Scholarships
- Other Scholarship Opportunities
- Veterans Affairs
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- PACT Information
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Withdrawal Procedures
Registration at Wallace State
|To register please visit|
Please select "New Registration Instructions" for credit classes at Wallace State Community College. For continuing education courses, please select "Continuing Education Registration" below.
|Steps for Enrollment|
First Time Students/Students Seeking Readmission
1. Apply for Admission Click on myWallaceState and then Apply Now.
2. Submit Admissions Documentation: Visit the Admissions Tab on the website for complete information and forms.
Proof of identification: According to State Board Policy 801.01, for admission to an Alabama Community College System institution, all new students as of Spring 2009 semester must have on file in Admissions either; (1) one primary form of photo documentation, such as an unexpired Driver’s License, or (2) two secondary forms of documentation, acceptable alternate photo ID.
Male applicants who are between the ages of 18 and 26 must provide a selective service registration number as proof of registration with the selective service. Proof may be presented in the form of the selective service registration card or a copy of the selective service registration form which can be accessed at www.sss.gov.
Submit high school transcripts and transcripts from other colleges.
Complete Residency Form.
3. Apply for financial aid: Visit the Financial Aid section of the website for complete information.
4. All students must complete COMPASS Placement Tests in English, reading, and mathematics prior to registering for a class in those subjects. Testing is waived for those who present recent ACT scores of 20 or the SAT equivalent) on the English and math portions.
5. Attend Lion’s Pride. This is designed to inform you about the policies, procedures and opportunities that await you as a Wallace State student.
6. First time students are encouraged to meet with an advisor for initial registration. To schedule non-traditional/distance education advising services for online students who are out-of-state or cannot access traditional advising services, please call the ACTION Advising Center at 256-352-8040.
7. Log onto your myWallaceState account. Visit www.wallacestate.edu, click on myWallaceState – then Enter Secure Area
8. Register for Classes: Take a look at the schedule for the semester you want to register. There you will find a listing of classes offered, registration schedule and other useful information. View your DegreeWorks education plan to determine classes that you have completed or need to take. You will register for classes on your myWallaceState account.
9. Pay tuition and fees either on-line from your myWallaceState account or at the Cahier’s Office located in the James C. Bailey Center.
10. Get your Lion Card and parking decal in the Enrollment Management Office located in the Bailey Center 1st floor. You will need your unexpired driver’s license and vehicle tag number in order to receive a parking decal. You will need proof of identification to receive your Lion Card.
11. To purchase books visit the Campus Bookstore. Campus Map
12. Go to classes! You may find it helpful to visit our Phone/E-mail Directory. There you may look for contact information by department/area or you can go to an alphabetical listing if you know the person's name that you need to contact.
|Transient Students |
1. Apply for Admission (You may also download the pdf version of the application, if you don't wish to apply online. You can print the form and mail it in or bring it with you when you come to meet with an advisor). Please visit the Admissions page for other useful information.
2. Submit identification to Admissions (the admissions office must receive identification documentation for admission. This link will detail the acceptable forms of identification according to State Policy.)
3. Submit your transient letter to the Admissions office with the approved courses listed and the appropriate signatures from your transfer institution. Once your form has been received by the Admissions office, you will be granted access to register for your approved courses using myWallaceState.
4. A myWallaceState W-number and password will be mailed to you from the Admissions office. You will be able to register, print your class schedule, pay your tuition online, etc. through myWallaceState. Your myWallaceState user id and password cannot be given to you over the phone. However, it can be emailed to the address we have on file if you have forgotten or misplaced your number. (Your social security number and six-digit date of birth may be used to login temporarily.) Click on Student/Faculty Resources then Student Records/Secure Area to log in.
5. Get your picture ID and parking decal in the Enrollment Management Office located in the Student Center. You'll need to bring a copy of your class schedule in order to be issued a decal.
6. To purchase books visit the Campus Bookstore. Campus Map
7. Go to classes! You may find it helpful to visit our Phone/E-mail Directory. There you may look for contact information by department/area or you can go to an alphabetical listing if you know the person's name that you
|Returning Students |
1. Make sure all financial aid information has been submitted.
Complete the online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Apply for any applicable scholarships (Download the application)
You may also find it helpful to visit the Financial Aid Services site.
Must be enrolled in at least 6 semester hours to receive federal student loans.
2. Meet with an advisor if you need to discuss your major or change majors. Click here to book your appointment.
3. Register for classes (register online using myWallaceState). Login using your W-number and pin (social security number and six-digit date of birth may be used temporarily to login). Click on Student/Faculty Resources then Student Records/Secure Area to log in. Take a look at the schedule for the semester you want to register. There, you will find a listing of classes offered, registration schedule and other useful information.
4. Pay tuition and fees to Cashier by posted deadlines.
5. To purchase books visit the Campus Bookstore. Campus Map
6. Go to classes! You may find it helpful to visit our Phone/E-mail Directory. There you may look for contact information by department/area or you can go to an alphabetical listing if you know the person's name that you need to contact.
|New Registration Instructions|
1. Visit myWallaceState.
2. Click on Enter Secure Area (Student/Faculty Resources)
4. Login using your Social Security Number or Student Number beginning with a W (ex. W00099990) PIN is your 6 digit date of birth (ex. January 1, 1980 = 010180) If this is your first time to login you will be required to choose a security question and answer. You will then be prompted to change your PIN for privacy and security.
5. Click on the Student tab then Select Term = Spring 2013.
6. Check Registration Status for any holds.
7. Click on Register/Add/Drop Classes, Enter Course Reference Number (CRN) or search for course.
8. Once schedule is complete click on Student tab, Student Account and then select Account Summary.
9. Pay your balance in full to complete registration.
|Continuing Education Registration|
Register online by clicking the button below or in person at the Admissions Office.
1. New Student
Your Social Security Number is required when you create an account. It is confidential and protected by both federal and state laws. It is used to uniquely identify you. The college will protect this number from unauthorized disclosure and/or use. In compliance with state and federal regulations/laws, disclosure may be authorized for the purposes of state and federal reporting. You will be prompted to create a new account. Click "Sign In" after you choose the course you wish to take.
|• Select term in the search pull-down menu.|
• Click on the Advanced Search link to choose your search options.
• Sort by Subject and click “Show all” in the right pull-down menu to choose a topic. For more information on how to select courses, click on the help button in the upper right hand corner.
• After you choose a course of interest, click the register button. A block to “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT” will appear for you to register as a new student. Once you have completed the requested information, you will receive a W number (user name). Please write it down and keep it in a safe place to register for a future course.
Enter your personal information and click the submit button. If an error box appears, you will have to fix any errors.
2. Continuing Student
(A student who has taken credit or noncredit courses at WSCC previously)"Sign in" first using your user name (W number) or wait until you have searched (Select the Advanced Search button) and found the course you wish to take. Click the "Register" button, confirm and make payment.
|• Your user name is your W number assigned by WSCC.|
• Select "Click Here" if you do not know your user name. You will be required to provide your email address and birth date. Both must match your records on file at WSCC. The email address provided will be the email address where your Student ID will be emailed.
• Enter your Password. Click on "Forgot Password" if you forgot your Password.
• Answer your security question with the default and change your password immediately.
• Register for a course. Payment is required at the time of registration if there is a fee for the course.
|1. Select a Term from the pull down Menu.|
2. To search all classes, click on the Search button (magnifying glass) symbol. Use an “asterisk” and at least 2 letters to do a wildcard search (Ex: co* or cook*).
3. To search on a particular topic, click on the Advanced Search button, on the left side of the block and choose by Subject (particular topic), Campus (location), or Course Attribute (Cooking).
4. On the right side of the page, click in the “Show all” box on the same line as the “Subject” to view the different types of courses being offered; choose the topic of interest. If you wish to select courses based on a location, choose “Campus” on the left side, and under “show all” choose the site where you would like to take the course. You can use both of these searches at the same time:
EXAMPLE: Subject Cooking-Noncredit
Campus Wallace State Community College
Select Course Attribute Cooking
5. Click Go.
6. You can now view all the cooking classes and fees for the course on the Wallace State campus.
7. To see an overview of the courses, click on the magnifying glass: Course number, CRN (courses reference number), dates, times, and locations of the course.
8. To register for a class, and select the plus (+) button on the lower right hand side of the course, and the course will pop up in the view area to the right.
9. Click on the “Register” button in the lower right hand corner of the page. If you wish to save your search information, you can also click the save button.
|• Select “Proceed to payment” in the lower right hand side of the page.|
• Payment Options by Credit card: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express
• Select “Submit payment” in the lower right hand side of the page. Select “Payment Method” and enter your payment information then submit payment.
• You will receive a payment receipt. Print and save for your records.
In order to recieve a refund you must contact the Continuing Education office at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the course. 256.352.8172
Questions about registration? Please contact us one of the following ways:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 256.352.8238, 256.352.8236, 256.352.8007, 256.352.8256, 256.352.8040, 256.352.8041, 256.352.8044, 256.352.8047, 256.352.8477, 256.352.8031, 256.352.8032, 256.352.7899, 256.352.8479, 256.352.8340, 256.352.8000
Or, send us a message on Facebook.
During the summer, Wallace State Lion Central, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Advising Center offices are open Monday-Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.