- About WSCC
- Financial Aid
- Quick Facts
- Net Price Calculator
- About Federal Financial Aid
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Pell Grant
- Loan Consolidation
- Work Study Information
- WSCC Scholarships
- Other Scholarship Opportunities
- Veterans Affairs
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- PACT Information
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Withdrawal Procedures
2014 1098T IRS Tax Forms will be mailed out to eligible students by January 31, 2015. You can also log into your mywallacestate.edu account to see an electronic copy of your 1098T. If your had scholarships/financial aid that exceeded the amount of qualified charges for tax year 2014, you will not receive a 1098T.
Wallace State now offers a deferred tuition payment plan which allows students to pay 50% of their total charges (financial aid funds will be applied first, if available), plus a $40.00 processing fee by the payment deadline, and pay the remaining balance by the mid-point of the semester. This is an effort to assist students who are unable to pay 100% of their charges at one time. Students wishing to take advantage of this option must sign a Payment Deferment Agreement form with the Business Office first, and then pay the total amount of 50% of the total charges plus the $40.00 processing fee before the end of registration (the Business Office will assist you in calculating the amount due).
| Log-in to complete a Financial Aid Application|
and access other Financial Aid Services.
|Financial Aid Process Steps|
|1. Apply for Federal Financial Aid by going to www.fafsa.gov (free application):|
• Apply for your PIN Number.
|2. Complete Verification Process (if required):|
• Applicants selected by the Federal Central Processing System for verification by the school must provide requested documentation within 15 days of request and prior to award offers. Verification forms are available here.
• Failure to provide all documents requested in a timely manner will delay your award offer and financial aid payments.
|3. Satisfy Documents, Review and Accept Award Offers:|
|All student notifications are made via the email address provided to the Wallace State Admissions Office. When notified, you may review and satisfy documents online by following these steps:|
• Login to Banner Self Service System (myWallaceState) using your WSCC ID (ex. W00000000) and pin.
• Select Fin Aid Tab (tab only shows on the screens of students whose financial aid information has been imported into Banner).
• Select Fin Aid Status, enter aid year, submit (will display message and hyperlink to student requirements). Note: Hyperlinks appear underlined in blue print.
• Select Hyper Link to student requirements (only click once).
• Display will show Unsatisfied and Satisfied Student Requirements (Info tabs show information only and are NOT hyperlinked to Resources & Additional Information or Terms & Conditions.) For any Unsatisfied Requirements other than Authorization of Payment with Federal Funds and Terms & Conditions, follow screen instructions or hyperlinks.
Review Awards, Accept Awards, Authorize Payment and Terms and Conditions by following these steps:• Back arrow to return to Fin Aid
• Select Award
• Select Aid for Award Year
• Select Resources and Additional Information Tab to read
• Select response from drop box to Satisfy Authorization Payment with Federal Funds (a message will display stating that the information has been submitted to the Student Financial Services Office but has not been reviewed).
• Submit information
• Select Terms and Conditions tab to ACCEPT terms and conditions
The official form of communication at Wallace State Community College is your admissions office email account. Please check your email account regularly.
|4. Complete Direct Student Loan Steps (if applicable):|
|• Accept loan offer online. Continue to www.studentloans.gov to complete Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note.|
• Loans require student enrollment of at least 6 semester hours at Wallace State Community College for disbursement. Loans are paid out equally over expected terms of enrollment for the academic year. Confirmed class attendance is required for loan disbursements.
|5. Complete PLUS Loans for Parents (if applicable):|
|• Go to Wallace State’s Financial Aid web page to view PLUS loan information. Complete the PLUS loan application and submit it to the office.|
• Go to www.studentloans.gov to complete the PLUS Master Promissory Note.
• PLUS loans require an acceptable credit history and can be disbursed to the student per parent authorization. The student must have a FAFSA on file prior to a PLUS application.
|6. Apply for Federal Work Study Program (if interested):|
|• Submit work study application to the work study supervisor in the Student Financial Services Office. You can obtain an application in the office or online at |
Download Work Study Application
The supervisor will contact eligible students for a job placement.
|7. Apply Aid to your Student Account:|
|• Register for courses each semester during regular registration.|
• Get books during the book charge period.
• Attend every class and/or complete all required online course assignments throughout the semester.
• Authorized aid will retain your course schedule until the Business Office posts funds to student accounts, paying charges and issuing balance funds to documented attending students at the end of the third week of the term.
|8. Get your Refund:|
|• Student must check the semester schedule to see when disbursement for Financial Aid Balance Checks. Balance checks are mailed the day after the stated disbursement day. You may also check the Wallace State Calendar.|
|9. Get Books for Class:|
• You may use the on campus bookstore charge procedures to apply books and supplies to your financial aid account. Details of the book charge procedures are available in the course schedule.
|10. Class Attendance:|