- About WSCC
- Financial Aid
- Quick Facts
- Net Price Calculator
- About Federal Financial Aid
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Pell Grant
- Loan Consolidation
- Work Study Information
- WSCC Scholarships
- Other Scholarship Opportunities
- Veterans Affairs
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- PACT Information
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Withdrawal Procedures
The Wallace State Campus has many designated parking areas. You must have a Wallace State hanging decal in order to park on campus. Please view the map for a more detailed look at campus parking areas.
Students and employees must register all vehicles driven on campus at the James C. Bailey Center. At the time the vehicle is registered, the College will issue a hanging decal free of charge. This decal should be placed facing forward on the vehicle's rearview mirror. Faculty and staff decals are different colors from student tags. Additional hanging decals may be purchased for $5 each.
View Campus Map
Drivers are responsible for finding an authorized parking space. A parking permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space but only an opportunity to park within a specified parking area. Ownership of the parking permit remains with the College.
Campus Security Office is located on the north side of campus, at the rear of the Science Complex.
Emergency 911 - Dial 911
Campus Switchboard - (256) 352-8000
Campus Security Office - (256) 352-8080
Parking Regulations & Fines
|It is prohibited to park:||Fines:|
|- without a valid permit displayed||$20|
|- in "No Parking" areas (yellow curbs)||$20|
|- in a handicapped space without a valid handicapped tag or permit displayed||$50|
|- on the grass, sidewalk or crosswalks||$20|
|- on or over painted lines||$20|
|- backed into a parking space||$20|
|Drivers shall not: ||Fines:|
|- operate a vehicle at a speed in excess of 15 mph (or otherwise posted speed limit)||$20|
|- operate a vehicle in a reckless or careless manner||$50|
|- fail to stop at a stop sign||$20|
|- play music that may be heard outside the vehicle||$10|
Fines may be paid at the Cashier's Office on the mezzanine floor of the James C. Bailey Center. Failure to pay fines will result in student registration and graduation holds, and may result in towing of the vehicle at the owner's expense.
Campus Safety Tips
- Always be alert and aware of your surroundings. While walking avoid tunnelvision and show a confident attitude.
- All suspicious activity should be reported to Campus Security. Timely reports of information make it easier for the police to gather critical evidence and increase the odds of recovering stolen property and/or successfully prosecuting a criminal.
- Avoid walking alone at night - walk with a group or call Campus Security for an escort. If you must walk alone, make sure to use lighted paths and take the most direct route.
- Keep your dorm room and vehicle doors locked.
- Do not lend your keys or ID to anyone - even your friends.
- Identify your valuables - keep a list of all serial numbers.
- Vehicles exiting campus traveling north on Highway 31 should use College Drive or the Warehouse Discount Groceries exit, which have traffic lights.